Graduate Student Funding to Attend CORS Conferences
CORS partially funds graduate students attending CORS annual meetings.
The candidate must:
- Be a Student Member of CORS
- Be enrolled in a graduate program in a field related to operational research
- Be studying at a Canadian university or be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident studying abroad
- Attend the conference and present their registration receipt to receive any funding
The following criteria are to be used to determine the amount awarded to each eligible applicant:
- Whether the applicant is presenting a paper at the conference
- Travel cost from student's home city to the conference
The application form for funding is available on the CORS website. Applications must be received at least two months before the conference date to receive full consideration. Applicants who meet this deadline will be notified at least one month before the conference date whether their application was successful.
Administration of Funding
The CORS Education and Student Affairs Chair determines who will receive funding and the amount of the award. The CORS Treasurer administers the distribution of funds after receiving confirmation that the student attended the conference.
Students must submit proof they attended the conference (e.g., boarding pass, selfie at conference site) within 30 days of the Annual CORS Conference to the CORS Treasurer and must copy their supervisors on the email. The CORS Treasurer administers the distribution of funds after receiving confirmation that the student attended the conference and will notify the student’s supervisor.
Please submit applications by 28 March 2024 to CORS Education and Student Affairs Chair Nadia Lahrichi